TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRING THE DOWNSWOOD COMMUNITY CENTRE.
The hirer agrees to observe and perform the terms and conditions as detailed below, also any other special conditions and reminder notifications given prior to the hiring date. Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in the loss of, or part of any special deposit charged .
1. The hirer must be present for the duration of their hiring and during this period is responsible for supervision and security of the premises, the fabric and contents, their care, safety from damage however slight or change, also the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, this includes proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway. During the hiring, the hirer must understand that they are also the temporary responsible person for fire safety and should read and understand the fire safety policy in the centre foyer.
2. The hirer shall not sublet or use the premises for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, or do anything or bring onto the premises anything that may endanger the same or invalidate any insurance policies in respect thereof or allow the sale or consumption of alcohol without written permission from the Downswood community association: 0770 815 0613.
3. The hirer shall indemnify the Downswood community association for the cost of repair for any damage to any part of the premises or the contents of the premises which occur during the period of hiring as a result of the hiring. A special deposit will be requested at the discretion of the general committee who shall be at liberty to retain this special deposit against any breach of these terms and conditions, the cost of any additional cleaning , damage caused to the premises and/or contents of the premises or any other additional work created by the hirer before, during or after the period of hire. The special deposit shall be refunded (less any charges), within 28 days of the hiring.
4. If the hirer has reason to cancel the booking, the cancellation notice must be given 14 days prior to the hiring date, any fees already paid will be refunded at the discretion of the DCA general committee. 5. The hirer must pay the Downswood community association the hiring fees in full, 14 days prior to the hiring date otherwise this agreement is void. Repetitive booking payments must be agreed with the booking secretary. 6. At the end of the hiring, the hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surroundings in a clean and tidy condition. The premises must be locked and secured, unless directed otherwise and all contents temporarily removed from their storage positions, are replaced ready for the next hirer.
7. The Downswood community association reserve the right to cancel any hiring in the event of the centre being required for use as a polling station for a parliamentary or local government election or by-election.
8. The Downswood community association reserve the right to cancel any hiring if in the opinion of the DCA general committee they have been misled or false information was given during the booking application, or in the opinion of the DCA general committee the hiring is liable to cause a breach of statutory regulations or Maidstone Borough Council licensing objectives. In the event of cancellation any fees paid will be refunded at the discretion of the DCA general committee. 9. In the event of the centre or any part of the centre being rendered unfit for use for any reason, the Downswood community association shall not be liable to any hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
10. All refuse must be removed from the premises by the hirer at the end of every hiring.
11. The hirer must comply with all conditions of the premises licence for the Downswood community centre granted by Maidstone Borough Council in 2002.
12. Members of the Downswood community association general committee reserve the right to enter the premises at any time to ensure compliance with the conditions of hiring and to stop immediately any hiring not being properly conducted or in breach of the agreed terms and conditions of hiring.
13. The premises shall not be used for any licensable activity or public entertainment except between the hours of 08.00 and 23.00 without written permission from the DCA general committee.
14. The hirer must not carry out or permit any unauthorised fly posting or any other unauthorised advertisements for an event held at the Downswood community centre and shall indemnify the Downswood community association against all actions, claims and proceedings arising from a breach of this condition. Failure to observe this condition may lead to prosecution by Maidstone Borough Council.
15. The Downswood community association will not accept bookings by persons below the age of 18.
16. The hirer must sign below after agreeing to accept responsibility for compliance with all the above terms and conditions.
YOU MUST SIGN THE WHITE COPY OF YOUR BOOKING FORM AND RETURN IT WITH YOUR PAYMENT A.S.A.P. TO: THE BOOKING SECRETARY:
42 LONGHAM COPSE, MAIDSTONE. ME15 8TL.
(NOT THE CENTRE).
THE GREEN COPY IS THE HIRERS RECEIPT.